A comforting twist to everyday mashed potatoes, these potatoes are creamy, cheesy buttery goodness!
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until fork-tender (but not falling apart), about 12-15 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and return potatoes to pot. Add butter, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Add more milk for a thinner consistency, if desired. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed potatoes with cream cheese, mashed potatoes recipe with cream cheese