Today’s recipe is sponsored by 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice. All opinions shared are my own.
What’s better than a tender and juicy ham on the table during holiday meals? A ham coated with a pineapple juice and rum glaze! I’m so excited to share with you this recipe for Pineapple and Rum Glazed Ham that is going to rock your holiday dinner table.
I’ve always LOVED a baked ham, especially during the holidays. This year I’m stepping things up and adding this glaze with 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, dark rum, brown sugar, butter and seasonings. I can’t wait to bring it to my mama’s house Christmas Eve night for our annual celebration (she’s gonna be so proud!). 🙂
I always keep a package of Dole pineapple juice in 6-ounce cans on-hand for when I might need them for cocktails, marinades and sauces — pineapple juice always adds an exotic flavor and it’s a great alternative to orange juice. Since I make a lot of cocktails for the blog, I also had some dark rum that I added to this glaze – OH MY WORD.
I also add some of the glaze after I slice it — I just can’t get enough of it!
100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice is 100% juice and is non-GMO which makes me feel good about what I’m eating (or drinking!).
This marinade is gonna be your next ham’s best friend… trust me! What is your favorite way to use pineapple juice in your recipes?Print
- 1 (7 to 8 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6-ounce cans) 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Begin baking ham according to package directions.
- While ham is baking, prepare glaze by melting butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple juice, light brown sugar, cinnamon and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 5 minutes (stirring frequently), or until mixture is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add rum.
- During the last hour of baking, baste ham with glaze and pan juices every 15 minutes.