I can’t fight it anymore. I’ve lost almost 10 pounds in the past couple of months, but think I just gained it all back devouring a monster bowl of The Best Mashed Potatoes. And I mean they are the best I’ve ever had.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I’m not here to fool you. You’re not gonna be able to slide those skinny jeans on after eating these potatoes by any means, but these are some of the best mashed potatoes. EVER. They’re chock full of cheesy, creamy goodness.
If you’re wanting a hearty mashed potato recipe to serve at Thanksgiving (or any) dinner… this is your go-to recipe that your guests will devour. They’re even better the next day once the garlic and chives have had time to flavor the buttery Yukon Gold potatoes, so prepare them the day before to knock a side dish out.
So… the way I see it is that holidays are for celebrating… and I’m celebrating with these cheesy, creamy mashed potatoes drenched in turkey gravy. Yes, I said that! 🙂Print
- 3-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (5-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring salted water (about 2 tablespoons of salt – more or less to taste) to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add potatoes and gently boil until tender, but not falling apart (about 12-15 minutes). Drain and return to pot. Cover and cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes to dry potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com