This Homemade Cranberry Sauce is so easy to make – You’ll never want to open a can of it again!
Not only is it incredibly simple to prepare, this cranberry sauce can easily be made ahead of time. No holiday table is complete without it!
How Long Will This Cranberry Sauce Keep?
Cranberry sauce will keep up to 14 days in the fridge when properly stored in an airtight container, so it’s a perfect holiday side dish to make ahead.
It also freezes well, too! Freeze (in an airtight container) for up to 2 months and defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
This recipe has hints of cinnamon and nutmeg along with a little burst of citrus from orange juice and lemon juice. It’s sweet, tart and incredibly flavorful – A holiday MUST side dish. Enjoy!
More Holiday Side Dishes You’ll Love
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- Easy Creamed Corn
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Southern Collard Greens
This delicious homemade cranberry sauce recipe is so easy to prepare – No need to ever open a can again!
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes (uncovered), stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low if necessary to maintain a gentle boil/simmer.
- Serve warm or cool completely at room temperature, place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Will keep up to 14 days in the refrigerator when stored properly in an airtight container
- Will keep in the freezer up to 2 months when stored properly in an airtight container
- Recipe adapted from Food Network
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry sauce from scratch, fresh cranberry sauce
Updated with new photographs and recipe slightly revised on October 6, 2019.