So comforting and so simple to prepare, this Easy American Goulash is budget-friendly and prepared in ONE POT for easy cleanup!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
American Goulash Recipe
The best part? This dinner is on the table in just 30 minutes!
This recipe screams everything about comfort food. I mean, how can you go wrong with cheesy pasta with hamburger, tomatoes and seasonings??? It’s definitely a dish the whole family will love!
This bowl is full of total deliciousness! This recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner for those busy days (aren’t they all busy?) or a crowd-pleasing dish for any potluck.
Hooray for quick and easy one pot wonders! Enjoy!Print
- 1.25 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and browned (about 5 minutes). Crumble beef while cooking. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Drain off grease.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, sugar, steak sauce and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil and add elbow macaroni. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.