It’s a good thing that I live on the coast and have access to an abundance of fresh seafood because I absolutely looooove it! Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for Cajun Shrimp Alfredo.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Not only is this amazingly delicious, but if your shrimp are already peeled and you have your pasta going while you’re working with the shrimp and alfredo sauce, this comes together in just 20 minutes. Yes, I said 20 minutes!
Just look at those beautiful, perfectly seasoned shrimp floating around in all of that creamy, cheesy pasta goodness! This dish is perfect ANY night of the week and special occasions (no one will ever guess it comes together so quickly and easily!).
The shrimp only take a few minutes to cook in a large skillet… remove the shrimp when they’re done and make the easy alfredo sauce right in the same skillet. Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the sauce in the skillet and BAM! Dinner in a flash. ENJOY!
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Begin cooking the pasta. While pasta is cooking, season shrimp with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter for the shrimp in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes (stirring often), or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Cook shrimp in 2 batches if necessary. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the ½ cup of unsalted butter. Add garlic and saute (stirring constantly), until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cream cheese cubes and Italian seasoning. Stir with a whisk to smooth out any large lumps. Slowly pour in milk, about ¼ cup at a time, while continuing to whisk.
- Add Parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir well to combine. Continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add pasta to skillet with sauce. Toss to coat evenly and top with shrimp. Garnish with parsley, if desired and serve immediately.