With a few pantry and staple ingredients, you can make these easy and delicious Salmon Patties in no time!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Salmon Patties Recipe
I grew up on these as a kid and always loved them! My grandma and mama would always have canned salmon in the pantry and would make these if they were in a hurry. Grandma sometimes made them for lunch when I stayed with her during summer break. I was never a picky eater growing up (I’m still not, thank goodness!) and loved the smell of these frying up in grandma’s cast iron skillet!
I also made these a lot when I was in college because they’re filling and CHEAP to make! I rented this little 1 bedroom apartment in the mountains of North Carolina and remember cooking these in my tiny kitchen. I cooked a lot then because it was so freakin’ COLD there was nothing much else to do besides cook and EAT! Needless to say I gained a good 15 pounds while I was there.
These salmon patties are seriously easy to make, too. Besides, spring is coming and we’re all going to need quick and easy dinner ideas because hopefully we’ll all be outside enjoying the beautiful weather that’s on its way! I plan to be, anyway. 🙂
I used a half cup of salmon mixture and yielded 5 patties. Smaller patties would also make a great appetizer idea!
So, don’t forget about these next time you need dinner in a hurry… happy fryin’! 🙂Print
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2–1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place salmon in a large bowl and pick out any bones and discard. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Add crushed crackers, egg, garlic, lemon juice, onion, green pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper and mix ingredients with your hands or a large spoon. Form into patties (I used 1/2 cup of salmon mixture for each patty).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add patties and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.