This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #sponsored #ad
Crispy bacon, shrimp and corn are the ultimate comfort foods in this creamy Bacon, Shrimp and Corn Chowder!
Bacon, Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Grab a big spoon because you’re going to need it with this hearty chowder. I don’t play around when it comes to shrimp recipes and want them to be perfect.
I used Wright® Brand Bacon because the quality of bacon can make or break this recipe. I look for cuts bacon that are thick-sliced and meaty that aren’t going to shrivel up when fried. Wright Brand Bacon is hand-selected, hand-trimmed and naturally smoked with wood chips.
Bacon the Wright Way™!
Topping this chowder with crispy thick-cut bacon takes it to a whole new level! I used Natural Hickory Smoked flavor, but any of the Wright Brand’s Bacon’s flavors will work in this chowder: Applewood Smoked, Smoked Brown Sugar, Bourbon Barrel Smoked and Oak Barrel Smoked.
My mom and I were recently talking about how nice it is to be home making a big pot of homemade soup from scratch… there’s just nothing quite like the aromas of a big pot of chowder, soup or stew simmering in the kitchen.
This chowder is perfectly seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic and thyme. Super-cozy is an understatement! It’s a perfect starter course or meal any time of the year. Seriously… how can you go wrong with BACON, shrimp and corn?!
I hope you and your family love this chowder as much as I do. ENJOY!Print
Crispy bacon, perfectly cooked shrimp and corn are the ultimate comfort foods in this creamy chowder!
- 5 slices Hickory Smoked Wright Brand Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish, if desired (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, fry the bacon pieces until crispy (about 8 to 10 minutes), stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Drain off fat from pot, leaving 1 tablespoon.
- Add shrimp to the pot and cook until pink (about 3 to 4 minutes), stirring frequently. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and add to the plate with the bacon. Leave juices in pot.
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add paprika, crushed red pepper, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, chicken stock and half and half. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend about half of the soup until creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, blend 2 cups of soup in a blender and pulse until creamy (exercise caution while blending hot liquids – blend small amounts at a time and hold down the top of blender pitcher while blending because there is a risk of the top blowing off and hot liquids to blow out!) and return to pot and stir well.
- Serve with shrimp and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon shrimp corn chowder
Adapted from Bev Cooks