This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
These flavor-packed Slow Cooker Bourbon Meatballs will be a hit at your next gathering. Just 5 minutes prep time is all that’s needed!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This sauce… this sauce is quite possibly one of my favorite sauces EVER. Well of course it is, it has bourbon! Bourbon has a natural sweetness that perfectly complements the sauce without being overpowering.
I admit that if you taste the sauce after combining all the sauce ingredients, it does taste overpowered with bourbon. But by the time it simmers on low for 4 hours the alcohol cooks out… how much alcohol cooks out, I don’t know.
All I can say is that it tastes phenomenal. If you’re concerned with any alcohol remaining, I would play it safe and not serve to minors or anyone avoiding alcohol.
What to serve with Bourbon Meatballs:
Serve these meatballs on their own as a hearty appetizer or for dinner with mashed potatoes and a veggie (I love them with rice, too!). They’re also great on sub rolls topped with shredded mozzarella, Parmesan or provolone cheese.
How do these meatballs taste?
Sweet, smoky, savory, tangy… I could go on and on. You can’t eat just one!Print
- 2 cups prepared barbecue sauce (I used hickory and brown sugar flavor)
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- Stir together barbecue sauce, bourbon, honey, molasses, chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl until combined.
- Place meatballs in your slow cooker insert. Cover with sauce and stir to coat meatballs evenly.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving, if desired.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker bourbon meatballs, bourbon meatballs crockpot