This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This Classic Meatloaf is so tender, flavor-packed and satisfying… comfort food at its finest!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Meatloaf has been one of my very favorite comfort foods (especially with mashed potatoes!) since I can remember. This meatloaf is moist, flavorful and topped with a simple sweet and tangy glaze. It’s definitely a dinner the whole family will love!
Can meatloaf be frozen?
Yes! Meatloaf can be frozen raw or fully cooked up to three months (be sure to wrap tightly before freezing to prevent freezer burn). Defrost frozen meatloaf in the fridge before baking or re-heating.
Tips for making meatloaf:
- Rest, rest, rest! Rest your meatloaf for 10 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to distribute throughout.
- Do not over-mix. Mix your meatloaf ingredients just until combined to prevent from being dry.
- Bake meatloaf on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray to collect moisture and excess fat. This also allows the sides to brown as well as the top.
For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef (I use 90% lean)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1–1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray).
- Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl just until combined (do not over-mix). Shape into a loaf (approximately 9 inches in length and 2-1/2 inches height) on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 of sauce into a separate bowl (for brushing meatloaf when it comes out of the oven).
- Brush meatloaf with 1/2 of sauce. Bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and brush (using a clean brush) with remaining 1/2 of sauce. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American