Can you believe it?! Easter is right around the corner… this weekend! And no Easter is complete without potato salad. Today I’m sharing a favorite recipe: Red Potato Salad.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Honestly, I can’t remember an Easter Sunday dinner at my mama’s or grandma’s when we DIDN’T have potato salad. It’s most definitely an Easter staple side dish!
This potato salad is full of bacon, crunchy celery, green onions and seasoned with dill. I love the flavors of the green onions with red potatoes, mayonnaise with a hint of spicy mustard.
I didn’t add hard-boiled eggs to this potato salad because I’ve always eaten red potato salad without them. I prefer them in potato salad with white potatoes (like in my Mom’s Potato Salad). But if you can’t live without them, by all means add them! You just might have to add a little more mayonnaise to get the same creamy consistency.
How long does potato salad last in the refrigerator?
Potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to marry.
Enjoy and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter holiday!Print
Creamy red-skinned potatoes with bacon, celery, green onions and dill.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed clean, cut into about 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt (for boiling potatoes)
- 1/2 pound bacon, fully cooked, drained and crumbled (about 1 cup crumbled)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup sliced)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (about 2/3 cup sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and potatoes. Reduce heat and gently boil for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
* The listed recipe time does not include refrigeration chilling time.