This Easy Creamed Corn has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors… you just can’t stop at one bite!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
The best part of this recipe is that it is ready from start to finish in under 15 minutes. YES! I assure you that you’ll never want canned creamed corn again after making this… it’s that good!
This is DEFINITELY going to be on my table at Thanksgiving. Since my parents are living in a camper while rebuilding their home after hurricane Florence, I’ve got to make this Thanksgiving and Christmas at my home the best ever for all of us.
This creamed corn is seasoned with sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. I seasoned it to my personal preference, but feel free to add more seasonings to your liking once it’s finished.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1–1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add corn, heavy cream, salt, pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the milk and flour. Pour into corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes, or until thickened and corn is cooked.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper and/or nutmeg if desired.