Looking for a different deviled egg recipe that will blow your holiday guests away? This recipe combines two of the South’s staples into something spectacular: Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Why I haven’t thought of making these earlier in life I will never know. Besides, pimento cheese and deviled eggs are two of my favorite comfort foods, so why not combine the two?
I came across the idea while browsing through different deviled egg recipes. So I threw together what I thought would taste good, and added BACON. Because when you’re taking chances, everything’s better with bacon, right?
It was love at first bite. Then several more bites. 🙂
Of course I couldn’t give Chance anything with pimentos in it, but I made a few extra boiled eggs to add into his food as a special treat… like the sirloin I made him tonight wasn’t a treat enough! 🙂 It has been frigid cold here in NC and he’s sporting his neck warmer and sweater like a champ.
If you’re a deviled egg lover like me, here are more recipes on the blog you might enjoy:
What’s your favorite spin on deviled eggs?Print
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (more or less, to desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons jarred diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 heaping tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, pimentos, cheese, bacon pieces and Tabasco sauce and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon mixture into egg whites, or place mixture into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with the corner tip cut off) and squeeze into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika and chopped fresh chives.
Inspired by Our State Magazine