Looking for a different deviled egg recipe that will impress your guests? This recipe combines two of the South’s staples into something spectacular.
Why I haven’t thought of making these earlier in life I will never know. These are amazing!
I came across the idea while browsing through different recipes. So I threw together what I thought would taste good, and added BACON. Because when you’re taking chances, everything’s better with bacon, right?
It was love at first bite! If you’re a deviled egg lover like me, here are more recipes on the blog you might enjoy:
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (more or less, to desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons jarred diced pimentos that have been drained
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 heaping tablespoons fully cooked bacon pieces
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, pimentos, cheese, bacon pieces and Tabasco sauce and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into egg whites, or place mixture into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with the corner tip cut off) and squeeze into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with desired amounts of paprika and chopped fresh chives.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pimento cheese deviled eggs
Inspired by Our State Magazine