There is nothing more refreshing to me in the summer than a big bowl of sliced cucumbers straight from the garden. My neighbors recently blessed me again with a gigantic bag of cucumbers. I went to a little cookout at my friend’s house recently and brought this Creamy Cucumber Salad. It was a huge hit!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
This recipe was originally posted in 2012 and is one of my favorite cucumber salad recipes. I make it every summer and wanted to remind y’all of just how delicious it is! Below is my original photograph in 2012.
When my mom saw the photo in 2012, she asked if the dressing was a ranch dressing… it is actually a simple sour cream mixture with vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and dill. It’s a little creamy but not too heavy and sooooo light and refreshing.
Add some love to your cucumbers and try this recipe… it was a welcomed change to plain cucumbers and vinegar!
Originally published June 26, 2012 and updated May 22, 2017. Enjoy!Print
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (I leave the skin on)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- In a medium bowl, whisk sour cream, water, honey, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add sliced cucumbers, onions and tomatoes to sour cream mixture. Gently stir to combine and coat evenly. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container to allow flavors to mingle.
Adapted from Betty Crocker