This delicious Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad is an easy side dish prepared with a simple sour cream dressing. It pairs with just about any main course and is so EASY to make!
The unseasonably warm weather over the weekend had me craving this crisp and refreshing salad (spring and summer can’t get here soon enough!). I added a creamy and comforting spin on my classic cucumber tomato salad and it couldn’t be any easier!
- I used grape tomatoes in this salad, but you can use any type of chopped (or cherry) tomatoes. You’ll need about two cups of tomatoes that have been chopped into bite size pieces.
- I used fresh dill in this recipe, but dried can also be used. If using dried, you’ll need to use about 1/3 of the amount.
- I like to use red onion, but white onion can be substituted.
- Feel free to adjust the amounts of garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar and dill to your personal preference!
How to Make It
Simply toss the sliced vegetables in a large bowl, then whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large mixing cup or small bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the veggies and gently stir to coat. It’s practically effortless!
Number of Servings
This recipe yields approximately six cups of salad. I can totally eat a huge bowl of this as a meal, so the number of servings is dependent upon your family’s appetite.
If you’re craving a heartier variation of this recipe with pasta, be sure to try my creamy cucumber and tomato pasta salad – it’s amazingly delicious, as well!
More Cucumber Salads You’ll Love
Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 4 cups sliced English cucumber 1 ½ to 2 cucumbers
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh dill or ½ teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Toss together sliced cucumbers, onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large measuring cup or small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over vegetables and gently stir to coat as evenly as possible. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cucumber can be unpeeled or peeled.
- 2 cups chopped or diced tomatoes can be substituted for grape or cherry tomatoes.
- White onion can be substituted for red onion.
- Feel free to adjust seasonings to your personal preference.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published June 2012. Updated with new photographs, new text, recipe revised and republished March 2021.