Skip the store-bought mix and make your own Bloody Mary from scratch with simple, everyday ingredients!
- Old Bay Seasoning (or seasoning of your choice) for rimming glass
- Lemon or lime wedge, for rimming glass
- 2 ounces vodka (your favorite)
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes of your choice
- Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning on a small plate. Rub lemon or lime wedge around rim of glass to moisten.
- Dip rim of glass into seasoning to coat evenly. Fill glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker about 1/2 full of ice. Add vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and pepper.
- Cover shaker and shake vigorously for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain into rimmed glass with ice. Garnish with desired toppings.
- I enjoy this recipe as written, but feel free to customize to your personal taste by experimenting with different amounts of ingredients!
- Nutrition info does not include seasoning for rimming glass or toppings.
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bloody mary, how to make a bloody mary