I’m on a seafood kick this week but can’t help it… there’s nothing more delicious and beautiful to me than this Easy Shrimp Cocktail!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
If you buy your shrimp already peeled, this recipe comes together in just 15 minutes! Shrimp cocktail is perfect for game day, holiday gatherings or any get-together. The best thing is that you can make it ahead of time and show up like a rock star at your next party.
I used my recipe for easy cocktail sauce that you can throw together in just a couple of minutes. If you’re in a serious hurry just use your favorite bottled cocktail sauce… no biggie!
The beautiful simplicity of this recipe is simmering a mixture of Italian parsley, lemon slices, minced garlic, black peppercorns, kosher salt and bay leaves for a few minutes. Then add your shrimp and cook until they’re pink for another few minutes. Rinse the shrimp in cold water, refrigerate and you’re done.
Cheers to easy cooking… enjoy!Print
Quick, easy and delicious shrimp cocktail prepared in just 15 minutes!
- 6 cups water
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3–4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- Cocktail sauce
- Pour water in a dutch oven or large saucepan. Add lemon slices, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, parsley and kosher salt. Heat over medium high heat to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked. Remove from heat and place shrimp in a colander. Rinse under cold water.
- Refrigerate shrimp until cold and serve with cocktail sauce.