This easy Italian-inspired Caprese Quiche is bursting with flavor… it’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next brunch gathering!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Not only is this quiche perfect for brunch, it can be eaten for any meal of the day… it’s so versatile! Pair it with a garden salad for a delicious vegetarian lunch or dinner.
I just love the combination of tomatoes, cheese and basil. I had eggs I needed to use and lots of fresh basil, so this quiche was a no-brainer. I used a store-bought crust to slash the time… so easy!
Quiche freezes incredibly well, so it’s a perfect make-ahead meal. I wrap individual slices tightly in plastic wrap and place in a storage container in the freezer, or you can freeze the whole quiche.
You can also make this quiche low-carb by skipping the crust… just spray your pie pan with cooking spray before pouring the egg mixture into the pan. Enjoy!Print
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil and additional fresh basil for topping, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Form pie shell in pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onions for approximately 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss shredded cheeses in a large bowl to combine. Spread cheese in bottom of pie crust, then evenly arrange tomatoes over cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cooked onions, salt and pepper until combined. Gently stir in basil.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
- Top with additional fresh basil, if desired.