These Easy Cinnamon Rolls are nothing short of mouthwatering when it comes to a quick and delicious brunch or dessert.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’m a total believer in that there’s nothing wrong with cheating a little… so I’m going to start out by telling you these cinnamon rolls are prepared with ready-made pizza dough.
Everyone is going to love these so much, you’re going to wonder why you haven’t made them more often!
If you’re like me, when the sweet tooth hits, it hits fast… and I mean lightening fast.
How long does it take to make these cinnamon rolls?
These cinnamon rolls come together in just 35 minutes total from start to finish. Just 10 minutes prep time and 25 minutes baking time is all that’s needed!
I like to add chopped pecans to my cinnamon rolls because I enjoy the crunchy texture and flavor, but they’re totally optional in this recipe.
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (13.8-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
For the glaze:
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (more or less depending upon desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe skillet or round cake pan.
- Stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough and brush evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture, then sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Roll the dough back into a log (using long side) and pinch seam to secure. Cut into 8 slices using a sharp knife.
- Arrange cinnamon rolls in prepared skillet or cake pan about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown (mine took 22 minutes).
- Prepare the icing while rolls are baking by stirring together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over rolls.