A few weeks ago I attended a surprise birthday party for one of my friends. It didn’t take me long to spot a table with a monster container of a drink that looked…well, inviting.
One sip and I was on the prowl to find out who was the mastermind behind this cocktail. And of course, I found her :-). Miss Lois was nice enough to share her recipe with me so that I could pass it along to you all.
Here’s what you’re gonna need: Your favorite tequila (I used Jose Cuervo), Chambord raspberry liqueur, classic margarita mixer and mango passion fruit margarita mixer. Miss Lois used Williams-Sonoma mango passion fruit margarita mix, but tells me that any mango passion fruit juice will work. I wanted my margaritas to taste exactly like hers, so I ordered this mix online from Williams-Sonoma.
This recipe is for sharing and makes approximately 1 1/2 quarts. I shared it with my friend recently and she was just as thrilled as I was about the recipe…it’s a keeper!
A big “shout-out” is in order to Miss Lois for sharing the love…cheers!
- 1½ cups tequila
- 1 cup classic margarita mixer
- (1) bottle mango passion fruit mixer (or juice--33.3 oz)
- ¼ cup Chambord raspberry liqueur
- Salt, for rimming glasses
- Optional: sliced lemons, limes & mangoes
- Rub lime wedge around rim of glass & rim glass with salt.
- In a pitcher, stir tequila, mixers & raspberry liqueur. Add sliced lemons, limes & mangoes if desired. Serve over ice.