This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I was recently invited by Patrón Tequila to create my own margarita for Cinco de Mayo… of course I accepted! I’ve been wanting to make this amazing Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita forever so it was the perfect opportunity.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Yes! A muddled jalapeño slice with pineapple juice, triple sec, lime juice and Patrón Silver is sweet, savory, tart… and well… just absoluely amazing!
I only used one jalapeño slice in each margarita because I didn’t want it to be too hot and it was perfect for my taste. If you like it on the HOT side, then by all means, add more jalapeño slices!
The rim of this margarita is a simple mixture of kosher salt and chili powder… the chili powder adds a little extra spice and it complements all of the flavors of the margarita perfectly.
And I know it’s Monday, but who cares?! It’s Cindo de Mayo WEEK. Might as well celebrate!
Disclosure: Product was provided to me for review. All opinions shared are my own.Print
For the Chili Salt:
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
For the margarita:
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeño slice
- 1/4 cup Patrón Silver Tequila
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/8 cup triple sec
- Optional: Pineapple wedges and additional jalapeño slice for garnish
- Make the chili salt by combining salt and chili powder. Rim glass with chili salt mixture.
- Muddle the jalapeño slice with lime juice in a shaker. (If you don’t have a muddler, use the handle of a wooden spoon).
- Place 1-1/2 cups ice in the shaker and add tequila, pineapple juice and triple sec. Shake vigorously and pour into a rimmed glass. Garnish with pineapple wedge and jalapeño slice, if desired.