Mexican Shredded Beef has never been easier than this Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef… let your pressure cooker slash the time!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
You guys… this beef! It’s so easy to throw together for Taco Tuesdays (or any night!) in a fraction of the time of your slow cooker. Although I love this prepared in my slow cooker as well, I have a new love for my Instant Pot and trying to make anything and everything in it that I can.
I love being able to cook in a fraction of the time without sacrificing flavor or tenderness. I’ve been taking more time to go on long walks with my dog (Baby!) and enjoying my new back porch so my Instant Pot really has come in handy.
How long does this Mexican shredded beef take to cook in the Instant Pot, really?!
This recipe takes a total of approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes TOTAL to cook, which includes the time it takes the pot to come to pressure (about 10 minutes), cook time and the time it takes the pressure to naturally release (about 20 minutes).
What do I serve this beef with?
I love to eat it on tacos with my favorite toppings… cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, onions, cilantro… I could go on and on! You can also serve it over tortilla chips and make one hefty plate of nachos.
If you prefer to cook in your slow cooker, here is my recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef. Enjoy!Print
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-1/2 to 3-pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Pour beef broth in a small bowl. Add salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and set to saute. When oil is heated, sear roast on all sides until browned. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Pour beef broth mixture and salsa over roast.
- Place the lid on pressure cooker and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 70 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove beef from pressure cooker and shred with 2 forks, discarding any fat. Allow fat to rise in liquid and skim off fat. Return beef to liquid mixture.
- I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8 quart in this recipe.
- Cook time includes time it takes for pot to come to pressure and natural release time.