This easy Pico de Gallo is a refreshing and healthy snack food or appetizer. It’s also delicious on tacos or quesadillas!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I had such a fun weekend! Saturday Iwent out on the boat to one of my favorite little islands called Sugarloaf Island here in Morehead City, NC. It was my friend’s birthday weekend, so we got together with a bunch of other friends and had a little (big) cookout on the island.
My friends Joe and Sally brought their grill. Everyone else brought a side dish and we feasted on fried soft shell crabs, flounder, shrimp and grilled chicken wings. There were too many sides to mention!
I ate soooo much, needless to say. The next day I really wanted to snack instead of eating a full meal and wanted something healthy after eating all of the fried goodness the day before.
So I made this simple recipe for Pico de Gallo and snacked on it throughout the day. It’s packed full of flavor and doesn’t sit heavy on your belly like all of that fried food did (although it was crazy delicious!).
What’s your favorite way to eat Pico de Gallo?
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 2-1/2 cups diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Juice from ½ lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.