This incredibly simple Crockpot Salsa Chicken is one of the easiest dinners you’ll ever make. Just two simple ingredients are needed for the most flavorful Mexican shredded salsa chicken!
This recipe is one of those easy “dump and go” meals that tastes like you spent hours preparing it. If there ever was a no-fuss dinner, this is it… let your slow cooker do the work!
Just Two Simple Ingredients!
- Chicken – boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Salsa – a 16 ounce jar of your favorite salsa.
How to Make it
- Place the chicken breasts in the insert of your slow cooker and cover with salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, shred using two forks, then gently stir to coat as evenly as possible.
It really doesn’t get much easier than this! Serve with chips or on tortillas with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream… YOU NAME IT! How can you go wrong with basically a one minute prep time dinner?!
More Mexican Chicken Deliciousness
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa
- Place chicken breasts in your slow cooker insert and cover with salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours (until chicken is fully cooked and shreds easily with a fork).
- Shred chicken using 2 forks, then gently stir to combine and coat chicken.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published October 2015. Updated with new images and new text March 2022.