This is a lovely TAKE TWO on this post! I thought I was soooo going to win you over on this simple and quick to prepare Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas recipe… but I failed epically.
Not that this recipe didn’t turn out awesome… IT DID.
I just had it in my mind that I was gonna call ’em ENCHILADAS. All. Night. Long. I’m pretty sure even Photoshop was shaking its head at me.
I have to live up to the “blonde” name at one point or another, am I right???
I’m so sorry to my readers that you received a broken link in your email if you subscribe (by the way, have you subscribed yet?). I had to delete the original post to keep myself from looking like an idiot for the whole online foodie world to see. So I have to give you SOME explanation as to why this might have happened!
For starters, I came home to this ~lovely~ first electric bill for my (not even) 1,000 square foot house. Why, you might ask, is it SO HIGH??? Well, we rarely get snow here on the coast… but when we do, all hell breaks loose. Most of us (I’m referring to ME) are idiots when it comes to dealing with snow. So my heat pump froze up for days and was running off of emergency heat and I didn’t know it. (Lesson to self: CHECK THERMOSTAT and heat pump.)
I about had a heart attack when I opened the bill. DAMN. I guess I’ll be checking for a frozen heat pump quite often if/when it snows again!
Then, a new neighbor randomly shows up at my door, asking me if I knew the guy in the car parked on the street in front of my house. Said he’d been there for 3 days watching my house and he was calling the cops if I didn’t know him. Needless to say I was FREAKED OUT. Shortly thereafter the po po came and I’m assuming it was handled.
Mind you, I’m photographing these awesome crock pot
enchiladas FAJITAS when this happened. I don’t know and haven’t found out yet what the deal was, but it was a little disturbing to say the least.
SO THERE YOU GO! Can I get a little slack for the ongoing BLONDE MOMENT all night last night? LOL. Thank you guys!
By the way, I hope you enjoy this EASY and DELICIOUS recipe. All you do is slice up some onions and peppers, then throw in a pack of sliced mushrooms along with chicken breasts and a pack of FAJITA seasoning in your slow cooker.Print
EASY & Delicious Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas ~ Just 5 minutes prep time in your slow cooker!
- 1–1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 peppers (green, yellow and red), sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning
- flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, etc.
- Slice peppers and onion. Place sliced mushrooms on top of peppers and onions Place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place chicken breasts on top of the sliced peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning on the top of chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Place chicken breasts on top of peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken, gently stir mixture to combine and serve on tortillas.
Adapted from Eat at Home