These no-fuss Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas are an easy weeknight dinner everyone will love!
The best part is that there’s just 10 minutes prep time involved. This is an unbelievably quick, simple and delicious recipe that’s always a hit… customize with your favorite fajita toppings!
If you prefer tender-crisp vegetables in your fajitas, add the peppers and onion during the last 30 to 45 minutes of cook time. This is how I prefer my veggies, but they can also be cooked at the same time with the chicken (they will just be very soft but are still delicious!).
The vegetables shown in the images were added during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Once the fajita mixture has cooked, remove the chicken breasts and shred or slice, then return to the slow cooker and toss everything to combine. Fajita night has never been easier!
Fajita Topping Suggestions
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes or salsa
- Sliced Avocado or guacamole
- Chopped fresh cilantro
More Slow Cooker Dinner Ideas
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or fajita seasoning
- 3 large bell peppers I used red, green and yellow seeded and sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Desired toppings
- Pour salsa into the bottom of slow cooker insert and spread evenly. Place chicken breasts on top of salsa. Sprinkle evenly with taco or fajita seasoning.
- Place sliced peppers and onion over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked. * If tender-crisp vegetables are desired, add peppers and onion during the last 30 to 45 minutes of cook time.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred or slice. Return chicken to slow cooker and toss with peppers, onion and juices to combine.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published March 17, 2015. Photos updated, recipe revised and republished on October 9, 2019.
This sounds amazing. I’d like to make this for approximately 40 Brother Masons at our next meeting.
Can you guestimate the amount of ingredients, and could I use a large roaster instead of a crock pot?
Thanks in advance.
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Hi Brian, this recipe serves 4 so it would be 10 times the ingredients listed – It would need to be cooked in several batches in a slow cooker (I used a 6-quart). I have not tested this recipe in a roaster so I can’t accurately give any advice on that.
I am wondering if I could possibly use different meat other than chicken in this recipe?
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Hi Becky, I haven’t used any other meat besides chicken in this recipe so I can’t say with certainty. Sorry I can’t be of any more help!