This easy and delicious restaurant-style Blender Salsa will be a hit at your next gathering. This appetizer comes together quickly (just 10 minutes!) and is prepared with simple ingredients. Homemade salsa has never been easier!
Bursting with flavor, this salsa is just like what you love at your favorite Mexican restaurant. Serve with tortilla chips or in any recipe salsa is called for, like my easy Baked Salsa Chicken, Crockpot Salsa Chicken, or Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef.
Blender Salsa Ingredients
- Fire roasted tomatoes – Regular diced tomatoes can be substituted, but I love the hint of smoky flavor from fire roasted tomatoes.
- Diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel)
- White onion
- Lime juice
- Spices and seasonings – Salt, black pepper, ground cumin and granulated sugar.
- Jalapeno – Seeds and ribs removed. If you’re a lover of all things heat, feel free to include some or all of the seeds.
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Garlic cloves – I use 4 cloves and it is perfect for my taste. Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of cloves based on your love of garlic.
How to Prepare
This couldn’t be any easier to prepare! Simply place all of the ingredients in a large capacity blender pitcher or food processor bowl, cover, then blend or pulse until your desired consistency is met (please see the recipe card at the bottom for full detailed instructions).
I blend only for a couple of seconds because I prefer my salsa to be slightly chunky and not completely smooth.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 6 days.
- ½ medium white onion cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeno stem, ribs and seeds removed and cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves tightly packed
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with juices – do not drain
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel) with juices – do not drain
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place onion, jalapeno, and garlic first in a large capacity blender pitcher or food processor bowl (my blender pitcher capacity is 60 ounces), then add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and blend or pulse until desired consistency is met.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe yields 6 cups of salsa.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 6 days.
- For added heat, feel free to include some (or all) of the jalapeno seeds.
- Regular diced tomatoes can be substituted for fire roasted tomatoes.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.