This easy and delicious appetizer is a true classic. Delicious cocktail sausages wrapped in flaky crescent rolls are always a crowd-pleasing snack or appetizer!
It’s the simple things… pigs in a blanket are so much fun to make and are ready in under 30 minutes. These bite-size appetizers come together quickly and easily using refrigerated crescent rolls and cocktail sausages. They’ve always been a staple on game day and during holiday gatherings.
Raise your hand if you grew up on these, too! Pigs in a blanket bring me back to my childhood and there are so many variations on how to make them. I probably had them as an after-school snack at least a few times a month!
I like to brush my crescent rolls with spicy mustard before rolling them up and baking. And then there’s ketchup. I LOVE dipping pigs in a blanket in lots and lots of ketchup!
Each crescent roll will need to be sliced in half vertically into two small triangles. I’ve also made these with hot dogs that I cut into three even pieces.
This no-fuss, bite-size appetizer is always a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy!
More Crescent Roll Appetizers You’ll LovePrint
This no-fuss, bite-size appetizer is always a crowd pleaser!
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 16 cocktail party sausages
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- Ketchup and/or mustard, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Brush each triangle with the spicy mustard.
- Slice each triangle vertically into 2 triangles using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Place each cocktail sausage on the wide end of each triangle and roll up. Place on baking sheet, point side down.
- Brush each crescent lightly with egg (you’ll have some egg left over) and sprinkle evenly with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and/or mustard for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crescent roll pigs in a blanket