So incredibly simple, easy and delicious… this Baked Salsa Chicken is always a weeknight favorite. Serve with black beans and Spanish rice and dinner is DONE!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Baked Salsa Chicken
This recipe couldn’t be easier… your favorite prepared salsa and a few other ingredients are all you’re going to need. There’s very little prep work involved so it’s perfect for those back-to-school busy weeknights!
I love recipes that come together with minimal effort and taste like you spent an eternity preparing them… this is one of those recipes! It literally takes 5 minutes to throw together.
I shared this dish with my neighbor and she texted me telling me how much she and her boyfriend enjoyed it. LOVE! That’s one thing I’ve always enjoyed is sharing food with friends and family. Speaking of sharing food, I’m getting ready to host the biggest celebration of my life in a couple of weeks feeding 50+ people and couldn’t be more excited (wish me luck!). We’re celebrating the life of our dear friend who passed suddenly, my new house and my friend’s recovery after open heart surgery.
Dinner has never been easier than this… enjoy!Print
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1–1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1–1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub chicken breasts with taco seasoning on both sides and place in dish. Cover with salsa.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle evenly with cilantro.
Adapted from Allrecipes