Do you ever come across something so awesome, yet so simple on Pinterest and think, “Why in the heck didn’t I think of that?” Just like these Mini Cupcake Pizzas! 🙂
Yeah, me too. Me too.
I happened to come across this pin for the most ingenious pizza appetizer recipe from Dashing Dish and just had to make them. My “mom friends” at work always struggle with what to cook for dinner that’s quick and easy, and I can’t wait to share this recipe with them! It’s also a great little recipe to get your kids in on the cooking action, too and a PERFECT game day appetizer!
You’ll be using a jarred or canned pizza sauce… Use the lid of the jar or the opened (and emptied) can upside-down to cut the perfect little circle out of a tortilla. You can also use a glass!
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and press the little tortillas in the bottoms of the tins.
Spread your desired amount of sauce over each tortilla (I used about a tablespoon) and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese and your choice of topping(s). I just placed one pepperoni on each little pizza… and I’m eating the rest of the bag as I type this post. Literally. 😐 Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Your pizzas will pop right out of the tins (I used a butter knife)!
- 2 flour large flour tortilla shells (burrito size)
- 1 small can or jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 pepperonis (or any toppings of your choice)
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using the lid of your jar (or can) of pizza sauce, cut 12 circles from tortillas.
- Place tortillas in a muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spoon desired amount of pizza sauce into each tortilla.
- Sprinkle desired amount of Italian seasoning over pizza sauce.
- Evenly distribute cheese over each pizza. Top with pepperoni or desired toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.