This recipe for Italian Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters is an easy and budget-friendly chicken dish perfect for any night of the week!
I’ve always loved chicken leg quarters… they’re so versatile and if you buy them on sale, they’re pretty much dirt cheap. I enjoy grilling them in the summer, but during cold weather months one of my favorite ways to make chicken leg quarters is roasting them in the oven.
These are so savory, tender and juicy! Since leg quarters vary in size, it’s important to adjust your baking time according to weight. Foodsafety.gov states that a minimum temperature of 165 degrees F is safe for poultry. My leg quarters took close to an hour to thoroughly cook and were about two pounds total.
This savory, juicy and flavorful chicken is an easy and budget-friendly dinner the whole family will love!
- 2 (bone-in and skin-on) chicken leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon slices and fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a casserole dish or oven-proof skillet.
- Place chicken leg quarters skin-side-up in baking dish or oven-proof skillet. Brush evenly with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper. Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over chicken. Drizzle chicken evenly with lemon juice.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (uncovered), or until and instant read thermometer reads a minimum of 165 degrees F, chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted chicken leg quarters