If you’re craving a chicken dish that is creamy and satisfying… look no further! Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for Chicken in a Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce with Spinach.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’ve been doing really good at keeping up with my workout routine so I treated myself to a plate of this creamy chicken goodness. It’s so very simple with everything being prepared in the same skillet. The chicken is cooked first, then transferred to a plate while the easy cream sauce is being prepared.
I just LOVE the combination of sun dried tomatoes and spinach. You can serve this over your favorite pasta and/or with a salad. I ate is just like it was! It was THAT GOOD.
Oh, you’ll probably want some crusty French bread to soak up all of that amazing cream sauce. Or just eat it with a spoon like I did. Enjoy!Print
Chicken in a Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce with Spinach – Juicy boneless chicken breasts in a simple and satisfying cream sauce!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return chicken to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
Adapted from Closet Cooking