This Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a delicious and impressive dinner in under 30 minutes. Pan-fried boneless chicken breasts in a rich sun-dried tomato cream sauce with spinach is an easy dinner the whole family will love!
There are so many reasons why I love this recipe. It’s easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner, but also fancy enough to be served on a special occasion (Valentine’s Day!). It uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in the grocery store and is a perfect way to add some excitement to your chicken dinner night.
Your Simple Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth – I use low sodium but regular chicken broth can be used.
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh spinach
- Olive oil
- Heavy whipping cream – half and half can be substituted.
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil – typically found in grocery stores’ produce area near the fresh tomatoes.
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh Parmesan – Parmesan in the shaker can be substituted but fresh is best in this recipe.
What to Serve with Tuscan Chicken
I love this served over pasta, but it’s also delicious with rice or mashed potatoes. Don’t forget the crusty French bread for sopping that delicious cream sauce! If you’re wanting to keep this lower carb, pair it with a garden salad.
A Helpful Tip for Slicing the Chicken
This recipe calls for your chicken breasts to be sliced in half lengthwise, which sometimes can get messy. Place your chicken in the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing. This firms the meat a little, making it easier to slice into even pieces.
Originally published March 2017. Updated with new photographs, helpful tips, recipe slightly revised and republished January 25, 2020.