This Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a delicious and impressive dinner in under 30 minutes. Pan-fried boneless chicken breasts in a rich sun-dried tomato cream sauce with spinach is an easy dinner the whole family will love!
There are so many reasons why I love this recipe. It’s easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner, but also fancy enough to be served on a special occasion (Valentine’s Day!). It uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in the grocery store and is a perfect way to add some excitement to your chicken dinner night.
Your Simple Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth – I use low sodium but regular chicken broth can be used.
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh spinach
- Olive oil
- Heavy whipping cream – half and half can be substituted.
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil – typically found in grocery stores’ produce area near the fresh tomatoes.
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh Parmesan – Parmesan in the shaker can be substituted but fresh is best in this recipe.
What to Serve with Tuscan Chicken
I love this served over pasta, but it’s also delicious with rice or mashed potatoes. Don’t forget the crusty French bread for sopping that delicious cream sauce! If you’re wanting to keep this lower carb, pair it with a garden salad.
A Helpful Tip for Slicing the Chicken
This recipe calls for your chicken breasts to be sliced in half lengthwise, which sometimes can get messy. Place your chicken in the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing. This firms the meat a little, making it easier to slice into even pieces.
A delicious and impressive dinner in under 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise (about 1–1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- Season sliced chicken breasts on each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add broth, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and continue to simmer (while stirring frequently) until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return chicken to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
Half and half can be substituted for heavy cream.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Tuscan chicken, Tuscan chicken recipe
Originally published March 2017. Updated with new photographs, helpful tips, recipe slightly revised and republished January 25, 2020.