There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup… and it doesn’t get any easier than this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I know I’ve been on a roll with pressure cooker recipes lately, but I’m just so in love with my Instant Pot. I promise I have non-Instant Pot recipes up my sleeve coming your way, but for now… let’s talk about this chicken noodle soup!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
It really doesn’t get any easier than this when you’re craving probably one of the most comforting soups of all-time.
I used bone-in split chicken breasts and left the majority of the skin on for extra flavor. I did remove the excess skin from the chicken breasts so that it wouldn’t be too greasy (you know the pieces of skin that are sometimes over the sides of the cut of chicken?). But if you want to remove all of the skin before cooking, it’s totally up to you.
And the aromas while this soup is cooking… MERCY! My dog Baby has learned to love the Instant Pot, too. She sits in the kitchen religiously when it’s cooking!
This homemade soup that tastes just like what Grandma used to simmer for hours comes together in 40 minutes flat… about 10 minutes prep time and a total of 30 minutes cook time (I included the time it takes to come to pressure).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2–1/2 pounds bone-in split chicken breasts (2 large breasts), excess skin removed
- 3–1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add butter and melt. Add carrots, onions and celery and saute (stirring often) for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, water, rosemary, dill, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken and turn off Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on and lock. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Once pressure has completely released, remove chicken with tongs and transfer to a platter or cutting board.
- Turn off Instant Pot and set to saute setting. Add noodles and stir to combine. Cook noodles until tender (stirring occasionally), about 6 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, remove skin from chicken and discard. Remove chicken from bones and shred. Discard bones.
- Add shredded chicken to your Instant Pot and stir to combine. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Serve warm topped with chopped fresh parsley.
I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8 quart in this recipe.