This is probably one of the easiest and most delicious baked chicken recipes you’ll ever make: Herb Breaded Chicken Thighs.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Baked Herb Breaded Chicken Thighs
Yesssss! I grew up eating this almost on a weekly basis and it never gets old… my mama owned a successful beauty shop (I’m so proud of her!), worked long hours and I know she had to have been so tired after being on her feet all day. But she always made sure I had an awesome home cooked meal at suppertime.
That’s one of the reasons why I love creating and sharing easy recipes… I totally understand that we’re all strapped for time on so many levels. Dinner shouldn’t be a hassle and this dinner ISN’T.
Can I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs in this recipe?
Yes, you can! I’ve done it several times. I personally prefer dark meat in this recipe because it’s juicer. You will most likely have to adjust the cooking time dependent upon the thickness of your chicken breasts.
What if I don’t have Italian panko bread crumbs?
No problem! Just throw in your desired amount of dried Italian seasoning into plain panko bread crumbs and combine.
The best part of this recipe? Just 5 minutes prep time is all that’s required! Serve it with your favorite green veggie and rice and dinner is DONE. Enjoy!Print
- 1–1/2 cups Italian panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2/3 cup prepared ranch dressing
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Pour ranch dressing in a medium bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dip chicken in ranch dressing to evenly coat, then dip in bread crumbs to coat evenly on both sides. Place in casserole dish.
- Bake (uncovered) for 45-50 minutes, or until browned and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Cook time varies upon thickness of chicken.