This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I have an intense love with fresh green beans, and these flavor-packed Garlic Parmesan Green Beans are one of my favorite healthy ways to prepare them.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yes!!! I could literally eat a big bowl of these green beans as an entire meal. I’ve been grilling a lot lately and craving fresh vegetables… these are the perfect side dish to just about any main dish.
Healthy deliciousness right here!
This recipe calls for crushed red pepper flakes… I used 1/4 teaspoon, but if you can take the heat, add more to your liking.
I like these beans crisp-tender so I sautéed them for about 7 minutes. If you like yours more tender, sauté them for an additional couple of minutes.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Place green beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Sauté in a large skillet over medium high heat for 7-8 minutes (stirring frequently), or until desired tenderness is met. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic parmesan green beans, string beans recipe, healthy green bean recipes