Garlic and Parmesan add a flavorful twist to fresh sautéed green beans in this simple side dish. These Garlic Parmesan Green Beans are prepared in less than 15 minutes and pair deliciously with just about any main course!
This is one of my favorite easy and delicious side dishes. The great thing about green beans is that they’re so versatile – you can serve them with just about anything and there are so many different ways to prepare them. They’re a perfect year-round side dish!
This recipe uses basic ingredients that can be adjusted to your personal taste.
- Green beans – You’ll need one pound of fresh beans that have been rinsed, patted dry and stems trimmed.
- Parmesan – I typically use 1/4 cup of finely shredded Parmesan, but feel free to increase or decrease the amount (I’ve been known to pile it on when I’m craving cheese!).
- Salt and black pepper – Again, feel free to adjust the amounts depending upon your preference. Keep in mind that the Parmesan will also add saltiness.
- Olive oil – For sautéing the green beans.
- Garlic – I use one tablespoon of minced fresh garlic (which I think is plenty), but feel free to increase the amount if you’re a garlic lover!
- Crushed red pepper flakes add just a slight hint of heat (I only use a pinch). Feel free to completely omit them if you’re not a fan – or add more if you love heat.
- Lemon juice adds a fresh vibrant flavor. Freshly squeezed is best, but there’s no harm in using bottled lemon juice.
How to Prepare
Following is a very brief overview of how to prepare – please see the recipe card for full detailed instructions.
- Place beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Toss to coat.
- Sauté in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp-tender (about 5 to 7 minutes), while stirring constantly. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with Parmesan.
More Veggie Side Dishes You’ll Love
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans rinsed, patted dry and stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt more or less, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper more or less, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes more or less, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic more or less, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place green beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Toss well to coat as evenly as possible.
- Sauté in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes (or until crisp-tender) while stirring constantly. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, evenly drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with Parmesan.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.