Ready in just 35 minutes from start to finish, this easy One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna is a cinch to prepare!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This is homemade lasagna without all the hassle.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a baked layered lasagna… but when I’m craving lasagna and don’t have a lot of time (which is mostly always), this is what I make.
Serve it with a garden salad and French bread and dinner is done.
What I love about this recipe is that everything is cooked in ONE SKILLET, so there’s hardly any clean-up involved (and no oven to wait on preheating).
The best part is that dinner is on the table in under 40 minutes and the leftovers are outstanding (if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers!).
Originally published September 15, 2015. Updated with new photographs and recipe slightly revised March 12, 2019.Print
One Skillet Stove Top Lasagna
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (1 small bell pepper)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about ½ of a medium yellow onion)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (24 ounce) jar or can of traditional pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces “oven ready” lasagna noodles (½ of a 12-ounce package), each noodle broken into thirds
- 2 cups water
- 1–½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cups ricotta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook hamburger (crumbling hamburger as it cooks), onion bell pepper and mushrooms until hamburger is no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer. Add lasagna noodles and water. Stir to combine and coat lasagna noodles with sauce mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in the Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, being careful not to tear noodles.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, evenly top with ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Adapted from Damn Delicious
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: one skillet stove top lasagna, skillet lasagna, skillet lasagna recipe, one pan lasagna, stove top lasagna
Made this when I wanted Lasagna in the heat of summer. I loved it! I made it with canned stewed tomatoes, pureed with garlic and spices. I will make this again! So easy and tastes so great.
Much easier than all the layering with a traditional lasagne and very tasty (I added garlic and red wine :)), will definitely make again. Thanks for the recipe!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
That sounds delicious, Chris… thank you so much for sharing. So glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
This lasagna looks amazing! I love how easy skillet lasagna is to make. The dollops of ricotta are the best!