So incredibly flavorful, tender and juicy… these Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are so easy to make in your pressure cooker!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
French dip sandwiches are one of my very all-time favorite sandwiches. I knew this had to be the next recipe I made in my new Instant Pot and it was a total score. I had a few people over for dinner afterwards and there wasn’t a shred left!
This is an incredibly easy meal that everyone’s sure to love. I served my sandwiches with chips and pickle spears… so easy!
I’m saying that this recipe serves approximately 4-6 because it yielded 5 very generous sandwiches for us using a 3.3-pound chuck roast.
- 1 (3 to 3.5 pound) chuck roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4-6 hoagie buns
- 8-12 slices provolone cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Season roast with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and set to saute. When oil is heated, sear roast on all sides until browned. Remove roast from pot and turn off your Instant Pot.
- Add soup, beef broth, root beer and soy sauce. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping bits off of the bottom of the pot.
- Add garlic powder, bay leaves, thyme and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Return roast to pot. Place the lid on pressure cooker and lock. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 90 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 20 minutes, then turn valve to “venting” to release remaining pressure.
- Once pressure is completely released, remove and discard bay leaves. Remove roast, place on a large platter and shred.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Slice buns and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place beef on top of buns and top with 2 slices of provolone cheese. Bake until cheese is melted (about 3-4 minutes). Top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve with au jus from Instant Pot.