This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This creamy, sweet and tangy Carolina Coleslaw is the perfect side dish to just about any meal!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This is one of my very favorite coleslaw recipes with an easy vinegar-based dressing. The best part is that you probably have all the dressing ingredients in your fridge and pantry!
I’ve been making this slaw for a while now… I shared it a few months after I started the blog and it was in need of a makeover with new photos!
My original photo
This coleslaw is a perfect side dish for spring and summer picnics, cookouts and potlucks… so creamy, crunchy and refreshing. I love it on sandwiches with this easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, too!
Originally published March 19, 2012 and updated April 14, 2018.Print
- 1 small head green cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1–1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots to combine.
- In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.