This creamy, sweet and tangy Carolina Coleslaw is the perfect side dish to just about any meal!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This is one of my very favorite coleslaw recipes with an easy vinegar-based dressing. The best part is that you probably have all the dressing ingredients in your fridge and pantry!
I’ve been making this slaw for a while now… I shared it a few months after I started the blog and it was in need of a makeover with new photos!
My original photo
This coleslaw is a perfect side dish for spring and summer picnics, cookouts and potlucks… so creamy, crunchy and refreshing. I love it on sandwiches with this easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, too!
Originally published March 19, 2012 and updated April 14, 2018.Print
- 1 small head green cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots to combine.
- In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.