This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a hearty, filling and comforting appetizer or dinner, look no further. These delicious Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are your answer!
What I love about this recipe is that it can be served as an appetizer OR dinner. These sliders are comfort food deliciousness and come together just under 40 minutes.
It’s as simple as layering a beef, onion and green pepper mixture on top of King’s Hawaiian Sliders (with mayo), topping with provolone cheese and then brushing melted butter on the tops of the sliders.
Bake and you’re done.
I utilize the convenience of sliced deli roast beef in these cheese steaks… it’s AMAZING and so simple to prepare.
A hearty appetizer or dinner that’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 (12 ounce) package King’s Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, sliced into strips about an inch wide
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the rolls in half (lengthwise), place bottom half in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and green pepper and saute approximately 7 minutes (stirring frequently), or until onions and peppers are tender.
- Add roast beef to mixture and cook for an additional minute to heat roast beef, stirring frequently. Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the bottom rolls and on the bottoms of the top rolls.
- Spread the beef, onion and pepper mixture evenly over the bottom rolls. Evenly top with the 6 slices of provolone cheese.
- Place top rolls over beef mixture and cheese. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Slice rolls and serve hot.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: philly cheesesteak sliders