So EASY, so fast and incredibly delicious… you’re going to love this Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, friends! I can’t tell you enough how much I enjoyed this barbecue prepared in my Instant Pot. I’ve been wanting to make it for a while and thought… this holiday weekend would be the perfect time!
Since it’s Memorial Day weekend… I always think of my “papa”. He was such a positive influence in my life growing up and a veteran… always so proud of our country he served. He passed in 2000 and I still miss him to this day.
Ohhhhh… and barbecue was his favorite food!
As I was making this I couldn’t help but wish he was still here so I could sit down with him and have a messy barbecue sandwich with him just one more time.
I love a vinegar-based sauce with my pulled pork but you can use any kind of sauce you want. Honestly, I enjoyed this pork straight out of the Instant Pot with ZERO sauce on it! Serve it on buns with my Carolina Coleslaw Recipe! Enjoy!Print
- 1 (4 pound) Boston butt pork roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups root beer
- Desired amount of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Cut pork into 4 pieces (as evenly as possible). Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add olive oil and allow to heat. Add pork (2 pieces at a time, in 2 batches) and brown on both sides (approximately 1 minute on each side). Transfer to a plate.
- Once all pieces of pork are browned, turn your Instant Pot off. Return browned pork to your Instant Pot and pour in root beer.
- Place the lid on and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 45 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Using tongs, transfer the pork to a large bowl. Shred using 2 forks. Remove and discard any fat.
- Pour in desired amount of sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8-quart in this recipe.
- Cook time includes time it takes Instant Pot to come to pressure and natural pressure release time.