Delicious baked potatoes are practically effortless with a little help from your slow cooker. Serve them as a side dish or load ’em up with your favorite toppings for an easy main course!
Just 10 minutes prep time is all that’s required for the most tender and fluffy “baked” potatoes!
I’ve been making these for as long as I can remember because they’re so EASY and satisfying.
Recently, I prepared these to go in my crock pot one morning before a long day of yard work… it was SO NICE not to have to worry about dinner afterwards!
Basic Ingredients Required
There’s certainly not a lot needed to make the basic version of these potatoes, but of course I love loading them down with my favorite toppings.
How to Make Them
Pierce potatoes (that have been rinsed, scrubbed and dried) with a fork and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt, then wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place in your slow cooker (no water required) to cook.
Please note that cooking time can vary depending on the size of your potatoes. Mine were about 11 ounces each and took a little over 4 hours (high heat) in a 7 quart crock pot.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium to large russet baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt more or less, if desired
- Rinse and scrub potatoes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork.
- Rub each potato with ¼ teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle evenly with ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Wrap potatoes tightly with aluminum foil and place in the insert of your crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Cook time will vary depending upon size of potatoes.
- This recipe was tested using a 7 quart slow cooker.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.