Oh how I’m so happy warm weather is here! One of my favorite snacks and appetizers I enjoy during warm weather is this Easy Homemade Salsa.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
This recipe is so easy, there’s no reason for you NOT to make it. This is actually one of the very first recipes I posted on the blog that I’ve changed a little over the years to suit my taste. I like to use red onions in my salsa, but yellow or white onions would be great as well. I also use a little green onion (because I love green onions so much!).
About the warm weather… do you know how aggravating it is to be cold all of the time? Well that’s me. I’m really not comfortable until it gets around 80 degrees (I know – CRAZY!). But I can’t help it and I really don’t like it! All of my friends are in their bathing suits while out on the boat and I’m sporting a hoodie half of the time.
Speaking of boating, this salsa makes a perfect snack on the beach or out on the boat…. or anywhere as long as you have a cooler to keep it cool!
Cheers to the arrival warm weather and I hope you enjoy this salsa as much as I do!
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 3-1/2 cups diced)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.