Oh how I’m so happy warm weather is here! One of my favorite snacks and appetizers I enjoy during warm weather is this Easy Homemade Salsa.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
This recipe is so easy, there’s no reason for you NOT to make it. This is actually one of the very first recipes I posted on the blog that I’ve changed a little over the years to suit my taste. I like to use red onions in this salsa, but yellow or white onions would be great as well. I also use a little green onion (because I love green onions so much!).
How long does this salsa last in the fridge?
Store in a covered airtight container in the refrigerator for up to approximately 5 days.
What can I serve this salsa with?
- Tortilla chips
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Mushroom Quesadillas
- Chicken Tacos
- Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced (about 3-1/2 cups diced)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.