Just a handful of ingredients and a slow cooker are all you need to make these amazingly delicious Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I love being able to free my stove up any way I can during the holidays by using my slow cooker. I served these mashed sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving day and they were a huge hit, so I’m making them again for our annual Christmas Eve dinner. They’re so EASY to prepare!
How do I make Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes?
It couldn’t be more elementary. You’ll need to peel your sweet potatoes and cut into about 1-1/2 inch chunks. Spray your slow cooker insert with cooking spray before adding the sweet potatoes. Cook on high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or low heat for 5-6 hours. Add the remaining ingredients, whip them up and you’re DONE.
I used a potato masher, but you can also use a hand mixer for a more whipped consistency.
Hooray for easy holiday (or any day!) side dishes. Enjoy!Print
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add sweet potato chunks. Cover and cook on high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or low heat for 5-6 hours.
- Add butter and allow to melt. Add remaining ingredients and mash using a potato masher or mix with a hand mixer. Add more milk for a creamier consistency, if desired.
- I used a 6-quart slow cooker in this recipe.