This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This delicious Slow Cooker Applesauce is prepared with just five simple ingredients… homemade applesauce has never been easier!
The most difficult part of this recipe is peeling, coring and chopping the apples… your crock pot does the rest! Did I mention how wonderfully delicious it smells while it’s cooking??
I really should make this more often because it takes just 15 minutes prep time (even quicker if you’re speedy at peeling and slicing your apples).
I took some to my mom the other day and she just raved about how much her and my dad enjoyed a warm bowl of it after dinner. It really is a special treat that requires minimal effort.
I use apple pie spice instead of plain ground cinnamon because I love the flavors of nutmeg and allspice as well. You can make your own homemade apple pie spice, use store-bought or just use plain cinnamon in this recipe.
More Apple Recipes You’ll LovePrint
Delicious homemade applesauce is so easy prepared in your slow cooker!
- 3–1/2 to 4 pounds apples (I used a combination of gala and granny smith), peeled, cored and chopped into about 1-1/2 to 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- Place chopped apples in the insert of your slow cooker. Pour in water and lemon juice, then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and apple pie spice (or cinnamon).
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and stir well. Mash apples with a fork or potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Serve warm or allow to cool, place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
I used a 6-quart slow cooker in this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker applesauce, crockpot applesauce