This Corn and Tomato Salad is going to be your go-to corn salad for summertime, I promise!
This is one of my favorite summer salads. Fresh corn, tomatoes, red onions and herbs come together to create this flavorful salad that is perfect to accompany dinner or to take to a gathering as a side dish.
You could probably get away with using canned or frozen corn, but I think fresh corn (I cut it off of the cob) is the secret to this salad tasting so good.
This healthy and refreshing salad is an easy summer side dish!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (about 1/2 of an average-sized red onion)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels ( from approximately 4 large ears)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- Place tomatoes, red onion, red wine vinegar, basil, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and saute until corn is tender (about 7-8 minutes), stirring constantly. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add corn and garlic mixture to tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or bring to room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn and tomato salad
Inspired by Taste of Home