This bright and refreshing Corn and Tomato Salad is full of fresh corn, juicy tomatoes, red onion and fresh herbs in a simple seasoned vinaigrette. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleasing side dish!
I love this salad with barbecue pork ribs, lemon rosemary chicken thighs, and roasted chicken leg quarters just to name a few main courses. It keeps in the fridge for up to a few days so it can also be easily prepared ahead of time. It’s like sunshine in a bowl!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Corn – You’ll need 5 cups of fresh corn kernels.
- Tomatoes – Cherry or grape tomatoes that have been sliced in half.
- Red onion
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil – For cooking the corn.
- Fresh basil
- Fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper – As always, feel free to adjust the amounts to your personal preference.
How to Prepare
Following is a brief overview of how to prepare. Please see the recipe card at the bottom for full detailed instructions and ingredient amounts.
Step 1: Place tomatoes, red onion, basil, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour in red wine vinegar and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add corn kernels and cook until corn is tender. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Step 3: Add corn and garlic mixture to tomato mixture and stir gently to combine.
Allow salad to reach room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Number of Servings
This recipe yields approximately 7 cups of salad, which is 6 generous servings of a little over 1 cup each.
More Delicious Salads
Corn and Tomato Salad
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons salt more or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper more or less, to taste
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels from approximately 4 large ears
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- Place tomatoes, red onion, basil, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour in red wine vinegar and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and cook until corn is tender (about 7 minutes), stirring constantly. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds, while continuing to stir.
- Add corn and garlic mixture to tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or bring to room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
- Storage – Once salad has reached room temperature, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- This recipe yields approximately 7 cups.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Inspired by Taste of Home