This Corn and Tomato Salad is going to be your go-to corn salad for summertime, I promise!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Corn and Tomato Salad Recipe
This is one of my favorite summer salads. Fresh corn, tomatoes, red onions and herbs come together to create this flavorful salad that is perfect to accompany dinner or to take to a gathering as a side dish.
You could probably get away with using canned or frozen corn, but I think fresh corn (I cut it off of the cob) is the secret to this salad tasting so good.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1-1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (about 1/2 of an average-sized red onion)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 cups fresh corn (approximately 4 large ears)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place tomatoes, red onion, red wine vinegar, basil, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and saute until corn is tender (about 7-8 minutes), stirring constantly. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add corn and garlic mixture to tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Inspired by Taste of Home