Get your carbs and veggies in one side dish with this amazingly easy Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Pasta Salad!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’ve been wanting to make this for a while now… while I was making my Carolina Coleslaw recently and tasting the dressing, I thought it would be sooooo very good with cucumbers, tomatoes, pasta and fresh dill.
I made a few minor changes to the dressing recipe… oh my goodness… so freakin’ good! We ate grilled fish last night and there was no need for 2 side dishes of a veggie and a starch… it’s all in this bowl.
Feel free to add your favorite sliced onion to this salad. I would have, but this weekend I had a pizza LOADED with onions and wasn’t in the mood for them (but I will add them next time!).
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2–1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 8 ounces pasta (I used ziti) cooked according to package directions, thoroughly rinsed with cold water and drained
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.