This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Get your carbs and veggies in one side dish with this amazingly easy Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Pasta Salad!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’ve been wanting to make this for a while now… while I was making my Carolina Coleslaw recently and tasting the dressing, I thought it would be sooooo very good with cucumbers, tomatoes, pasta and fresh dill.
I made a few minor changes to the dressing recipe… oh my goodness… so freakin’ good! We ate grilled fish last night and there was no need for 2 side dishes of a veggie and a starch… it’s all in this bowl.
Feel free to add your favorite sliced onion to this salad. I would have, but this weekend I had a pizza LOADED with onions and wasn’t in the mood for them (but I will add them next time!).
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2–1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 8 ounces pasta (I used ziti) cooked according to package directions, thoroughly rinsed with cold water and drained
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.