This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for a light and refreshing German Cucumber Salad.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Not only is this salad incredibly delicious, it’s healthy AND budget-friendly! I used regular sour cream in the dressing (because it was in my fridge), but you can also substitute low fat sour cream or yogurt to make it even healthier.
Thinly sliced crispy cucumbers and red onions in a tart and creamy dill dressing = A winning combination!
Cucumbers are one of my favorite veggies and I could probably eat them every day. I love making all different variations of salads with cucumbers! If you’re a cucumber lover like me, be sure to check out all of my other cucumber salad recipes.
- 1/3 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 English cucumber, washed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or yellow onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream (or yogurt), mustard, vinegar, milk, salt, pepper and dill until combined. Add sliced cucumbers and onions and gently stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.