This Cucumber Tomato Salad seasoned with dill and fresh basil in a homemade vinaigrette is an easy, healthy and flavorful side salad!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This is one of the first recipes I posted on the blog back in 2012 that has been enjoyed by my friends and family for years. I love it any time of the year, but it’s a perfect summer side dish with grilled fish or chicken, especially on a hot day!
I like to peel my cucumbers in this recipe, but it’s totally optional to leave the skin on. I use granulated sugar in the vinaigrette, but you can easily substitute honey for the sugar.
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
I prefer this salad served immediately, but it can be refrigerated and served later. I would add the tomatoes and basil just before serving so that they don’t get soggy while stored in the fridge.
Here are some other cucumber salads you might enjoy:
An easy, healthy and flavorful side salad!
For the salad:
- 3 cups peeled and sliced cucumbers (1–1/2 to 2 English cucumbers)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped (about 2–1/2 cups chopped)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup julienned or chopped fresh basil, tightly packed
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- Place salad ingredients in large bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl or large measuring cup. Drizzle over salad and gently stir to combine.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber tomato salad, cucumber salad, cucumber salad recipe