This Cucumber Tomato Salad seasoned with dill and fresh basil in a homemade vinaigrette is an easy, healthy and flavorful side salad!
This is one of the first recipes I posted on the blog back in 2012 that has been enjoyed by my friends and family for years. I love it because it’s simple, easy and always a hit.
I love it any time of the year, but it’s a perfect summer side dish with grilled fish or chicken, especially on a hot day!
I like to peel my cucumbers in this recipe, but it’s totally optional to leave the skin on. I use granulated sugar in the vinaigrette, but you can easily substitute honey for the sugar.
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
I prefer this salad served immediately, but it can be refrigerated and served later. I would add the tomatoes and basil just before serving so that they don’t get soggy while stored in the fridge.
More Cucumber Salads You’ll Love
For the salad:
- 3 cups peeled and sliced cucumbers 1 ½ to 2 English cucumbers
- 3 Roma tomatoes chopped (about 2 ½ cups chopped)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup julienned or chopped fresh basil tightly packed
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper or to taste
- Place salad ingredients in large bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl or large measuring cup. Drizzle over salad and gently stir to combine.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published March 2012. Updated with new photos, text and recipe slightly revised June 2019.