This flavorful Greek Cucumber Salad is prepared with fresh crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, black olives and feta cheese tossed in an easy homemade Greek dressing. It’s a satisfying and refreshing vegetable side dish!
This delicious salad requires just 15 minutes of prep time and is full of healthy veggies. It’s definitely a must-make for spring and summer, but can be enjoyed year-round.
It’s a perfect side dish for just about any main course, but I especially love it with grilled chicken and seafood!
Your ingredient list is quite simple – the majority of what you will need you probably already have on-hand.
How to Make Greek Cucumber Salad
This couldn’t be any easier! Simply combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, toss the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl, then drizzle the dressing over the salad. Gently toss to coat as evenly as possible.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
This is best served immediately so that the cucumbers and onion are perfectly crisp. If you decide to make it ahead of time, I’d add the tomatoes and feta cheese just before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.
Greek Cucumber Salad
For the dressing:
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper more or less, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
For the salad:
- 3 ½ cups sliced cucumbers about 1 large English cucumber or 2 regular size
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes about 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small can sliced black olives 2.25 ounces drained weight
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese. Gently toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad and gently toss again to coat evenly.
- I choose to leave the cucumbers unpeeled, but they can be peeled.
- This is best served immediately. If you choose to make ahead, add the tomatoes and feta cheese just before serving and toss to combine.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published June 2014. Updated with new photos, helpful tips, recipe revised and republished May 2020.