This sweet, tangy and spicy cucumber salad is a flavorful and healthy side dish. The best part is that it’s prepared in just 10 minutes!
This simple side dish has a delicious Thai-inspired spin on traditional cucumber salad using ingredients that are easy to find. It’s always a welcomed variation!
I LOVE a good cucumber salad, especially during the hot summer months. I enjoy them year-round because they’re so easy to prepare and are a perfect side with just about any main dish.
- Cucumbers – I use a large English cucumber for this recipe. You’ll need about 4 cups of sliced cucumbers. I choose to leave them unpeeled but you can also peel them if you prefer.
- Green onions – Use the green and white parts of the onion. Can be substituted with sliced red onion.
- Rice vinegar – Typically found in the international aisle of the grocery store.
- Hoisin sauce – A thick, sweet and salty sauce that is typically found in the international aisle of the grocery store.
- Crushed red pepper – Increase or decrease the amount to suit your personal taste.
How to Make Thai Cucumber Salad
- Prepare the dressing. Simply whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or large measuring cup. Set aside while you’re preparing the other ingredients.
- Toss the salad ingredients. In a large bowl, toss the sliced cucumbers, peanuts and green onions.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss again to combine and coat evenly.
- Chopped avocado
- Seeded and diced jalapeno
- Shredded carrots
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Thai Cucumber Salad
For the dressing:
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large English cucumber washed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups sliced)
- ½ cup sliced green onions about 2 green onions – green and white parts
- ⅓ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Place sliced cucumbers, green onions and peanuts in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss again to combine and coat with dressing.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- I prefer this served within a few hours of preparing, but it can be made and served up to 24 hours in advance.
- Increase or decrease the amount of crushed red pepper according to your personal taste.
- Delicious additions include chopped avocado, seeded and diced jalapeno, shredded carrots and chopped fresh cilantro.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.