Skillet Chicken in a Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce… what a mouthful of words, but I had to throw everything in that I could to describe this recipe… it’s that good!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
You guys… I’ve been so tired from the big move recently. And when I get tired, I want some serious comfort food (have you noticed lately?!). I just can’t say enough how happy I am (we are) to finally be settled.
I didn’t realize how out of shape I was until I started climbing all of these steps. I woke up after about 3 days with my calves on FIRE (OUCH!). I guess climbing steps with boxes about 20+ times a day would probably do that. Thank goodness the pain has gone away, although I’m not complaining. This home is so totally perfect for Brian, me and Baby.
So after all of those calories I probably burned moving (hopefully?)… I find it totally acceptable to indulge in some comfort food for a short while. 🙂
This recipe is SUPER easy to prepare, and the best part is that it’s in ONE SKILLET which means minimal cleanup. A win-win situation here! Creamy sauce surrounded by mushrooms and perfectly seasoned with garlic and thyme. Pair it with a salad for the ultimate easy weeknight dinner.
If you’re a mushroom lover like me, this is definitely a MUST-MAKE. Enjoy!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise and in half to yield 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken on each side with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium high heat (leave juices from chicken). Add mushrooms and saute until soft, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add milk and flour mixture, thyme, bay leaf, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened (about 4 minutes). Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Add chicken to sauce and spoon sauce over chicken to coat.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American