This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m sharing an incredibly easy (and delicious) dinner prepared in ONE PAN: One Skillet Italian Chicken.
This Italian chicken dish is full of healthy seasoned veggies and lean chicken with minimal cleanup. Packed full of flavor, this is a win-win dinner situation!
This is prepared in under 45 minutes and the leftovers taste even better. If you’re craving carbs and want to serve this over pasta, just boil your pasta during the last 10 minutes of simmering the veggie mixture. Dinner has never been so easy.
Italian seasoned lean chicken, bell pepper, onions, zucchini and tomatoes in a flavorful broth is an easy dinner prepared in one skillet for minimal cleanup!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2), sliced in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons (about 4 cups sliced)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken until thoroughly cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side (time will depend upon thickness of chicken breasts). Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and saute, stirring constantly until soft (about 4-5 minutes). Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and zucchini and continue to cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes with juice and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and simmer for 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and allow to cook for 2 additional minutes, or until chicken is warm. Season mixture with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: skillet Italian chicken
Adapted from Delish